Senior Backend Developer (EVE: War of Ascension)
EVE: War of Ascension is a massively multiplayer mobile game set in the EVE universe. Developed in collaboration with CCP and published by Kongregate, the game is set to launch on iOS and Android later this year.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to strengthen our game team. In this role, you'll get to
- Brainstorm and implement scalable game features and service for EVE players
- Work closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Maintain and support our games as a service platform with your teammates
- Develop strategies for security and stability
- Creative engineering mindset where you treat complex problems as interesting challenges to be solved
- Proven experience on Java or Java VM languages, modern databases, and cloud environments. Our tools of choice are Scala, MongoDB, and AWS.
- Experience instrumenting for monitoring and alerting (e.g. DataDog or NewRelic)
- Knowledge of automated deployment and maintenance of high volume services
- Passion for games
Bonus points for
- Previous working experience on games as a service and gameplay programming
PlayRaven values innovation, leanness, and transparency in all we do. We are a true family friendly company, and don't crunch.
- Responsibility and independence, with the accountability that goes hand in hand
- Generous stock option package, superb health care and extended health insurance, nanny service for employees with small kids, lunch and commuter vouchers, and many other benefits
- Relaxed culture and atmosphere that doesn’t burn people
We believe in super talented small teams and you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make your game shine.
PlayRaven is a boutique game development studio employing an international team of hand-picked industry veterans with years of experience from famous companies such as Remedy Entertainment, Rockstar Games, Supercell, Wooga and Unity. PlayRaven has released three games to date, all of which have gained top 5 chart positions across the globe. As a studio, PlayRaven’s mission is to make games that no other studio has ever made before, and they have built the perfect team and culture to achieve just that.
PlayRaven is located in downtown Helsinki, Finland. If you are moving in from abroad, we will provide you with personalised relocation assistance. For more information about moving to and working as an expat in Finland, please see https://finland.fi
The information you provide us by filling out this application will only be used for recruitment purposes.